Spyware & Virus Removal Service - Terms & Conditions
- When we refer to ourselves as "we," "us," "our," "Dr Dunc's," and similar terms we mean "Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo" the business and its employees.
- The wording "virus" and "viruses" are deemed to include one or more "virus," "malware," "spyware," "worm," "trojan," "rootkit" and other potentially unwanted or malignant programs.
- The wording "virus removal service" is a paid service we provide to you, to remove one or more viruses, from a computer system that meets the Minimum System Requirements.
- An "adult" is considered to be over 18 years of age.
- A "client" is an adult who has requested Dr Dunc's to perform any service.
- The term "client data" refers to any file, data, software on the clients computer or external media.
- The term "system" or "computer" refers to physical computer hardware that runs the Operating System.
- The term "Minimum System Requirements" refers to a computer that must have the following
- Microsoft Windows XP operating system or later.
- Operating system password must be available for the technician.
- Must have a working cable or DSL high speed internet connection.
- Must have a working USB connection.
- By ordering services from Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below are important and set out our obligation to you and what you are agreeing to.
- All prices on this site are in Australian dollar and they include GST. All prices and information quoted on this website are subject to change without notice. We will endeavour to notify about any significant changes to the Terms & Conditions or Website by placing a prominent notice on the Website.
- A deposit of $50.00 is required in advance, before any work will commence. The $50.00 deposit is non refundable and will be incorporated in your final bill.
- All fees are required in full once the agreed work has been completed and before any equipment will be returned. We only accept cash payments. Sorry, we do not accept cheques.
- For the amount of $149, we agree to spend up to a maximum of two (2) hours attempting to remove any virus reported by the client or found by us. Any other or further work will incurr an additional charge at $100 per hour. In the event the initial two (2) hours have elapsed and the virus has not been removed, the client will be informed via the contact details and given the option to have the computer returned "as is" or for us to continue to attempt to remove the virus at an additional expense to the client.
- Requesting us to provide any service to you, you agree to allow a Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo technician to use whatever tools are necessary to repair your computer.
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY MAY BE VOID: Most manufacturers will honor product warranties following the Spyware and Virus Removal service, Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo shall in no way be liable if a client manufacturer warranty is void due to any action taken by Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo.
- These Spyware & Virus Removal Terms and Conditions apply to home user customers only, they do not apply to business user clients.
- Free collection and return service is on dry land, within a 20 kilometre radius of Lake Illawarra, NSW.
- The client data remains property of the client at all times. Client data may be accessed and/or viewed by Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo in an attempt to remove viruses. Client data is confidential and will not be willingly given to any third party, except in the event of criminal activity where we may be legally obliged to relinquish goods in our custody and/or report such criminal activity to the relevant authorities concerned.
- If requested, Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo may create a copy of the client data, at an addition expense to the client, for the only purpose of recovering the client data on to the computer or supplied external media. Copies of client data will be deleted within one (1) day following return of client data to client. Deleted client data is securely erased within thirty (30) days to NIST 800-88 compliance.
- In the event it is agreed additional hardware or software item(s) are required, An additional deposit may be required.
- In the event that a fault with the internet is found to be due to a defective telephone or cable connection, or an account has not been activated by the Internet Service Provider, our $100 current fee for 1 hours labour for undertaking the work and troubleshooting will remain chargeable.
- An adult with administrator level privileges must be present at all times for site visits carried out by us.
- The immediate area surrounding the computer must be clean, easily accessable and free of hazards
- You understand and agree that prior to contacting or allowing Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo to perform virus removal or any other services on your computer, it is your responsibility to back up the data, software, information or other files stored on your computer disks and/or drives.
- Unusual Circumstances:
- If the virus is preventing the creation of a back up of your data, software, information or other files, Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo will endeavour to keep your files intact, but you understand and acknowledge that any file or files deemed to be infected with a virus will be permanently deleted
- Phone contact details must be supplied if the computer is taken away for repair. You agree to return any calls or messages left by Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo within two (2) working days.
SERVICE LIMITATIONS; LIABILITY:
- LIMITATIONS TO SERVICE: Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo reserves the right to refrain from providing any or all requested services and instead refund your payment, wholly or in part, if it is reasonably determined by a Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo technician that your technical needs or other requirements are unusual, extensive or beyond the scope of this Service Agreement.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If a Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo technician's ability to render remote services is impaired by you or circumstances beyond the control of the technician, Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo may choose not to provide or to discontinue services.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, you agree that the total liability for damages against Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo related to its services is limited to the total amount you pay for the services, and you release Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo from liability for any indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages. You acknowledge and agree that Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo shall not be responsible under any circumstance for any loss or corruption of data and/or software, or any loss that is not reasonably foreseeable.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS:
- Refunds will not be given after a service has been initiated unless Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo determines that the service cannot be provided due to an error on the part of Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo. Refunds will not be issued due to client error.
- All items left with Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo will be considered abandoned and the property of Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo to dispose of as deemed by Doctor Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo in the event that client does not respond or lay claim within ninety (90) days of last confirmed communication.
No Dr Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo print or online publication may be duplicated, redistributed or modified in whole or part without prior written authorization from Dr Dunc's Magic Music Yo Yo.
The use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website do meet your specific requirements.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
if you need more detailed information, please contact us via the Contact Us page details